Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Could it be over?

Is this it?

No more rushing to the TV live feed to see the smoke plumes?
Or seeing the reporter try to figure out if it was a fighter or warship that fired?
No more breaking-news ribbons on the bottom of the screen?
Or that cute Saliba reporter on LBCI?

I've come to expect the casuality report every morning.
I get anxious when the power cuts out, as if the massacres can't happen if I'm watching the news.
And I've come to recognize the Haifa skyline like I've actually been there.

I never expected this war and it took me by surprise.
I got angry, I cried out for peace, I had countless debates and arguments.
And now it's over just as abruptly as it started.

How can I ever trust in peace again?

1 Comments:

Blogger Josy said...

“How can I ever trust in peace again?”

Exactly. This is what I’ve been asking myself too.. and, I’m not sure I’m going to find the answer soon.

8:24 PM, August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home